Monday, January 19, 2015

The Mystery of God’s Wisdom

Exactly what does it mean when Proverbs 4:7 says, “Wisdom is the principal thing”.Further, it emphasizes that in all you aim to get, get understanding!

The beginning of Wisdom is:get Wisdom (skillful and godly Wisdom)! [For skillful and godly Wisdom is the principal thing.] And with all you have gotten, get understanding (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation).

The answers are well outlined in the scriptures and without much ado, I highlight the following reasons.




1. Wisdom will promote and honor you
Prize Wisdom highly and exalt her, and she will exalt and promote you; she will bring you to honor when you embrace her. She shall give to your head a wreath of gracefulness; a crown of beauty and glory will she deliver to you. (Proverbs 4: 8 – 9, Amp)
2. Wisdom will give you riches and wealth
Richesand honor are with me, enduring wealth and righteousness (uprightness in every area and relation, and right standing with God). (Proverbs 8:18, Amp)

3. Wisdom will give you life
For whoever finds me [Wisdom] finds life and draws forth and obtains favor from the Lord. But he who misses me or sins against me wrongs and injures himself; all who hate me love and court death. (Proverbs 8:35-36, Amp)
It is evident that it is better to have wisdom than riches. Yet we spend most of our time, effort and energy on the wrong priorities!
My brothers and sisters, there is a heavenly type of wisdom and an earthly one. When you boast you are wise but still has jealousy (envy) and contention (rivalry and selfish ambition), this [superficial] wisdom is not such as comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual (animal), even devilish (demoniacal). Where this wisdom exists there will also be confusion (unrest, disharmony, rebellion) and all sorts of evil and vile practices.
But the wisdom from above is first of all pure (undefiled); then it is peace-loving, courteous (considerate, gentle). [It is willing to] yield to reason, full of compassion and good fruits; it is wholehearted andstraightforward, impartial and unfeigned (free from doubts, wavering, and insincerity).
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. (James 3:13 -17, NIV)

One of my favorite bible extracts about wisdom is derived from Proverbs chapter 8. For many years I was confused by the words in this chapter, but not anymore. Wisdom is a persona representing Christ who is speaking out here. I have chosen these scriptures but you can go through the whole chapter. Let’s go through them with Christ in mind.

For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls, and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

I have counsel and soundknowledge, I have understanding, I have might and power.
By me kings reign and rulers decree justice.
By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges andgovernors of the earth.
I love those who love me, and those who seek me early anddiligently shall find me.
My fruit is better than gold, yes, than refined gold, and my increase than choice silver.
The Lord formed and brought me [Wisdom] forth at the beginning of His way, before His acts of old.
I [Wisdom] was inaugurated and ordained from everlasting, from the beginning, before ever the earth existed.
When He prepared the heavens, I [Wisdom] was there; when He drew a circle upon the face of the deep and stretched out the firmament over it,
When He gave to the sea its limit and His decree that the waters should not transgress [across the boundaries set by] His command, when He appointed the foundations of the earth—
Then I [Wisdom] was beside Him as a master and director of the work; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing before Him always,
That not being enough, in the New Testament, we read;
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: (1 Corinthians 1:30)
That is the mystery of God’s wisdom! That indeed Christ became to us wisdom. He was there before the foundation of the world and was present during creation as a master and director of God’s work. In all your getting, you must get Christ. Those who reject him court death, but those who love him, he will love, honor and exalt.
God’s Wisdom is so pure, so accurate and so right. Everything that comes your way dear friend has gone through the sieve of God’s wisdom: It’s not too much that you cannot bear. Trust His wisdom. This Wisdom knows about your future.
Only God’s Wisdom knows how to deliver men from the burning fiery furnace of Nebuchadnezzar. This Wisdom knows how to shut the mouth of lions so that the godly are preserved. It knows how to make provision during famine so that the floor and oil do not cease. God’s Wisdom is at work in my life. I have God’s Wisdom. I have Christ.
Happy New Year! May the grace of our LORD Jesus Christ be with you. Shalom.

No comments: