Tuesday, December 30, 2014

a thank you letter


And all Lebanon’s [forests] cannot supply sufficient fuel, nor all its wild beasts furnish victims enough to burn sacrifices [worthy of the Lord]. (Isaiah 40:16)
Dear Heavenly Father,
I really just would like to thank You so much today for all your faithfulness, goodness, grace and mercy that You have shown towards me throughout the year 2014.
From the bottom of my heart I appreciate who You are in my life.
I acknowledge that unless You sent Your help to me, I would have been overwhelmed by the enemy. I would have fainted for lack of strength. I would have dwelt in silence like the many that lie in the grave, were it not for Your divine intervention. You were the tower away from the enemy. You were my shield and my life. How many battles did You fight on my behalf even without my knowledge or the slightest hint? (They must be many!).  Nevertheless as the captain of the hosts of heaven, You still gave me great victory.

That day that I felt sick in my body, You sent your word and healed me. I give you Glory. You have given me favor in my workplace and though studying and working is a difficult thing, You carried my burdens. Your grace was so sufficient for me.  
My heart overflows with a joyous song of thanks giving for You have not dealt with me according to my sin and short comings but according to Your great mercy and steadfast love. You have forgiven me all my sins and blotted out my transgression.
And dear God, I am also amazed at the good and precious thought You had for me this year. You surprised me a lot! Just when I thought the year is ending and there is not much to talk about; behold, You gave me a turn around. You are the miracle working God. I am so honored and privileged to have this association of fellowship with You.  My boundaries have fallen in pleasant places. Thank You for ***. I know You hear the whispers of Your people. I knew that it only takes  one moment of favor with You and everything is so different and special. I am trusting You that the years the locust have eaten, You will repay.
Thank You also for my spiritual growth. This was a great opportunity for me to learn Your word. I thank You for helping me by the power of the Holy Spirit to keep to the end of the course. I have increased in knowing You.
Although I could not be there with constantly in fellowship as You would have needed me, I am grateful that you listened to my prayers and answered them. You are the God of all flesh who answers prayers.
Even in my family, you have been our source of provision. We have not lacked. Your Word has been true to us. You are the Father to the fatherless. You have been sufficient to us in all things. Oh God, it was You who have helped my mother complete that project. I would not have imagined all this. Your ways are not our ways. Your ways are higher than our ways. I honor You.
I thank You so much for the church. Thank you for providing me with a place where I am renewed and refreshed. Where together with those that loves You and pursues glory, honor and immortality, I have the right hand of fellowship. Thank You God for Nairobi Gospel Assembly Church.
Surely you have done great things. (Joel 2:20)
He who brings an offering of praise and thanksgiving honors and glorifies Me; and he who orders his way aright [who prepares the way that I may show him], to him I will demonstrate the salvation of God. ( Psalms 50:23)
May our hearts remember to give thanks to You always!
Your Loving Son,
George

 

No comments: